RECORD STORE DAY NOTE TO US RECORD STORES 5-27-16
RSD CURATED RELEASES (HALL AND OATES and THE BYRDS) (DEADLINE TO VOTE TODAY)
INSTAGRAM: @recordstoredayus (plain @recordstoreday is the UK organizers)
RSD CURATED RELEASES: HALL AND OATES and THE BYRDS
VOTING ENDS 5/27 PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS LINK PUBLICLY. THIS IS ONLY FOR RECORD STORE EMPLOYEES
"BRAINZ" PRE-ORDER PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITY
"BRAINZ" PRE-ORDER CAMPAIGN
PRE-ORDER PIECE: vinyl 7” with two tracks
1. “Single” (album track)
2. “Extended Remix” (exclusive to this pre-order promotion)
ALBUM ANNOUNCEMENT MADE: 6/3
PRE-ORDER CAMPAIGN START DATE: 6/14
FULL LENGTH ALBUM TITLE: Provided on 6/3
FULL LENGTH ALBUM STREET DATE: 7/8
FULL LENGTH CD UPC: Provided on 6/3
FULL LENGTH LP UPC: Provided on 6/3
If you want to take part in this promotion, email ALL THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION (ALL OF IT PLEASE) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, MAY 27
NAME OF STORE:
# OF STORES PARTICIPATING:
NAME AND EMAIL OF STORE CONTACT:
ADDRESS WHERE TOOLS WILL BE SENT (include street address, city, state and zip):
DISTRIBUTOR OR ONE STOP FROM WHICH FULL LENGTH WILL BE PURCHASED (This is coming through UMG/CAROLINE):
PLEASE LOOK AT THE UPDATED SPREADSHEET AND CONSIDER THOSE TITLES BEING RELEASED ON TUESDAYS.
The link to the UPDATED VINYL TUESDAY SPREADSHEET IS BELOW. As a reminder, we’re asking you to give these Tuesday titles you choose to stock some love on social media. Use the hashtag #vinyltuesday so it’s easy for us to find them and show the labels who are helping us by releasing things on Tuesdays. Also, if you’re feeling lazy or time-deprived, feel free to share our social media posts and tweets about the titles..
ALL THE ART AND MORE TOOLS TO HELP YOU PROMOTE THE TITLES IS AVAILABLE HERE: www.recordstoreday.com/
DOWNLOAD THE VINYL TUESDAY RELEASE SCHEDULE HERE
1. We will update it every week with titles that we are cleared to announce. You may see announcements or solicitations before our weekly spreadsheet comes out. Please feel free to keep these spreadsheets as reference. You are going to need to know which titles are Tuesday titles.
2. In most cases, because of shipping and distribution systems, the Vinyl Tuesday titles will arrive with the previous week’s Friday new releases. For example, 8/4 Tuesday releases will arrive with your 7/31 New Releases. You will need to make your staff aware that these titles are TUESDAY RELEASES. DO NOT SELL THEM EARLIER THAN THEIR RELEASE DATE. The spreadsheet is an easy way to keep track of these titles.THIS IS IMPORTANT: We are working hard to get labels and artists to embrace the idea of Tuesday releases, to continue to give you things to drive sales during the week. We are working with them and around obstacles like shipping restrictions. We are asking you to honor what we’re trying to do and HOLD THE TITLES UNTIL THEIR TUESDAY RELEASE DATE. This is very important and any progress we make could be for nothing if street dates are broken.
3. There will be all kinds of releases coming on Tuesdays. We’re going to be very clear on the spreadsheets if a title is exclusive, if it’s exclusive for a few days, if it’s a special color variant, if it’s a reissue, if it’s something we haven’t thought of. The titles are grouped by street date on the spreadsheet, and every week there may be titles added to previous groupings, so make sure to check the spreadsheet carefully every week.
4. When a label or artist agrees to release a title on Tuesday, ahead of the regular Friday release days, one of the reasons they’re doing it is the promotion that it will garner, the record store love. We ask the artists to promote that those are in your stores, and encourage their fans to go to visit you for them, so for those Vinyl Tuesday titles that work for your store, that you bring in, please use your social media to promote them. The last column on the spreadsheet indicates whether there is artwork for you to access on this internal page: www.recordstoreday.com/
If anyone has any questions about Vinyl Tuesday in general or the titles on the spreadsheet in particular, please feel free to ask.
VALUE ADD OPPORTUNITIES
On www.recordstoreday.com we regularly promote upcoming value adds that we have worked with various labels to create. The ones we promote on the site are indie exclusives, and are available to you through your coalition, your chain or with your order from Alliance. Alliance gets an allotment of these to send to all Record Store Day participating stores who order the albums they are associated with from them. Keep in mind, though, that the allotments are limited, and will go first come first serve.
Also, keep in mind that these value adds are created to be given out with the purchase of the accompanying full length release, so they will only be going to stores who are stocking the new release. If you're not a new release store, then this promotion isn't for you. On the site we are always careful to let people know that they should always check with their local store for availability. It is always your choice to stock any of the commercial or promotional pieces we promote on the site. Below are the street dates and titles we have added values for (as well as graphics to help you promote them, where we have those). If you are not already getting added values directly from your coalition or chain, you can contact your Alliance rep to place an order. If you don't have an Alliance rep, contact Ken.Glaser@aent.com
The available items are below. AGAIN: If you are not a member of a coalition, you have access to these pieces when you place an order, first come first serve, with Alliance.
STREET DATE 6/4 VOLBEAT We'll have a set of four lithos for this value add. Each store gets each poster to hand out as a set.
THIS PART WE’RE SERIOUS ABOUT: Please do not copy, forward or otherwise share the information contained in this email with anyone outside its intended recipients. This information is provided to help you keep up with promotions, products and internal workings of Record Store Day. If you no longer wish to receive this email or be part of Record Store Day, please let us know.