Thank you for choosing to buy locally from a Record Store!You can explore 3 ways to buy:
- Find and visit a Local Record Store and get phone number and directions (call first, there is no guarantee which products may be in stock locally)
- Purchase now from a local store that sells online
- Purchase digitally now from recordstoreday.com (which serves local record stores)
Search by zip code: Go
1. Find a local store(Please call first)
|DISCLAIMER: there are a lot of independent record stores that participate in Record Store Day. Not all of them will choose to participate in all promotions, or carry all releases. Just because a store is listed here does NOT mean it will have the goodie or record you are looking for. That said, find a store near you and check with them directly. It is always a good idea to be BFFs with your neighborhood record store.|
As The Palaces Burn (10th Anniversary Edition) [w/DVD]Artist: Lamb Of God
As The Palaces Burn (10th Anniversary Edition) [w/DVD]
Artist: Lamb Of God
1. Ruin (Remixed & Remastered)
2. As the Palaces Burn (Remixed & Remastered)
3. Purified (Remixed & Remastered)
4. 11th Hour (Remixed & Remastered)
5. For Your Malice (Remixed & Remastered) [Explicit]
6. Boot Scraper (Remixed & Remastered) [Explicit]
7. A Devil in God's Country (Remixed & Remastered)
8. In Defense of Our Good Name (Remixed & Remastered)
9. Blood Junkie (Remixed & Remastered)
10. Vigil (Remixed & Remastered)
11. Ruin (Previously Unreleased Demo)
12. As the Palaces Burn (Previously Unreleased Demo)
13. Blood Junkie (Previously Unreleased Demo)
More Info:Originally released in May of 2003, Lamb of God's As The Palaces Burn is considered to by many to be one the most influential, modern day metal records of our time. The album is as uncompromising lyrically as it is musically.
As The Palaces Burn takes an unflinching look at the events and attitudes that resulted from the 9/11 terrorist attacks on American soil. Songs like "Blood Junkie" are unequivocal in their condemnation of George W. Bush and his administration's jingoist stance. "Retribution or vengeance in matters not, as long as the pig stays on top of the ladder of bone his father has built," Randy Blythe howls for all to hear. It's courageous and blunt, a statement for the time, and one that the band felt compelled to make. "We all lived through that time and we had the vehicle to express those opinions," says drummer Chris Adler. "I think it would have been irresponsible to not speak our minds."
Josh Wilbur (who has worked with Lamb of God as both an engineer and producer since 2006) was careful to conserve the album's lightning-in-a-bottle energy. "A lot of people, including myself, love the original," Wilbur says. "The whole point was just to do a more 'hi-fi' version of an already great record and not to damage the killer vibe that Devin Townsend and the band had captured...Real musicians sweating it out in a studio in Virginia over a decade ago."
The DVD disc includes a full length documentary.