Duets: 20th Anniversary Edition [Super Deluxe]Artist: Frank Sinatra
Not in stock
You can explore 3 ways to buy:
Find and visit a Local Record Store and get phone number and directions (call first, there is no guarantee which products may be in stock locally)
Purchase now from a local store that sells online
Purchase digitally now from recordstoreday.com (which serves local record stores)
Not in stock
Perfect for the Sinatra fan and collector, this super deluxe box features:
- Duets and Duets II, newly-remastered, and for the very first time on 180-gram vinyl in a gatefold LP jacket
- Duets and Duets II, expanded and newly-remastered on 2 CDs with rare and unreleased tracks including two never-before-released recordings: 'One for My Baby (And One More for the Road)' featuring Tom Scott and 'Embraceable You' with Tanya Tucker plus the rare bonus tracks 'Fly Me to the Moon' with George Strait and two versions of 'My Way' one recorded with Luciano Pavarotti and the other with Willie Nelson.
- A standard DVD featuring new interviews, the official Duets EPK and a promo video for the I've Got You Under My Skin duet with Bono.
- A 20-page LP-sized booklet with rare photos and both the original and brand new liner notes.
- Plus an exclusive, stamped lithograph.
This special edition comes complete in an elegant 12 inch square box featuring a brand new cover with a gold foil-stamped title.
Referred to as 'The Recording Event of the Decade,' the certified 3x-platinum Duets brought together an array of global superstars including Charles Aznavour, Anita Baker, Tony Bennett, Bono, Natalie Cole, Gloria Estefan, Aretha Franklin, Kenny G, Julio Iglesias, Liza Minnelli, Carly Simon, Barbra Streisand and Luther Vandross for an album of standards including many songs instantly associated with the 'Chairman of the Board.' Duets made history for its cutting-edge recording techniques, its renowned stars and for being one of the top selling albums of 1993 putting the then 77-year-old Sinatra at the No. 2 spot on the Billboard charts between Pearl Jam's Vs. and Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell II.
The highly successful follow-up, Duets II, was released the following year. Duets II includes Jimmy Buffett, Neil Diamond, Lena Horne, Chrissie Hynde, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Patti LaBelle, Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme, Luis Miguel, Lorrie Morgan, Willie Nelson, Linda Ronstadt, Jon Secada, Frank Sinatra Jr., and Stevie Wonder & Gladys Knight. Once again, Sinatra celebrated a top ten record with Duets II charting at No. 9 on Billboard's Top 200 Chart.